The Human Race Theatre Company, Dayton, Ohio –a 32-year-old professional Equity theatre – is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Human Race Theatre Company (HRTC). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board of Governance: Works with Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
a. Responsible for leading HRTC in manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
b. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
a. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of HRTC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
b. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in appositive financial positive.
c. Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support HRTC’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
a. Responsible for implementation of HRTC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
b. Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that HRTC can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
c. Responsible for the enhancement of HRTC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the Artistic Director, Associate Artistic Director, Development Director, Marketing Director and Finance Director.
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• A minimum of five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of HRTC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITEIS:
• Planning and operation of annual budget
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for day-to-day operation of the
• Serving as HRTC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations both locally, and throughout the state, and utilize those relationships to increase the overall visibility of HRTC throughout the state.
• Supervise, collaborate with organization’s staff
• Strategic planning and implementation
• Oversee organization’s Board and committee meetings
• Oversee marketing and other communication efforts
• Review and approve contracts for services
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
• Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Send cover letter and resume to:
c/o Human Race Theatre Company
126 N Main Street, Suite 300
Dayton OH 45402
If you are interested in internship possibilities, please contact Tara Lail at email@example.com.
For our productions at the Loft Theatre and Victoria Theater, our front of house services and ushers are provided courtesy of the Victoria Theatre Association through their volunteer corps.
If you are interested in becoming an usher, please visit the Volunteer page on the VTA’s website for more information.
We are always interested in experienced craftsmen and craftswomen who would enjoy putting their skills to use in the theatre. If you have a background in carpentry, painting or sewing and are available during weekday business hours, we’d love to hear from you.
The Human Race occasionally has need for administrative support around the office and out in the community, especially during special events and with our marketing campaigns. This work may require some evening and weekend hours. If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, please send an email and a resume listing your specific skills to Associate Artistic Director Tara Lail at firstname.lastname@example.org.